Bahrain exports BD 198 million worth of products of national origins in October

Manama, Nov. 18 (BNA): Bahrain's value of exports of national origin has increased by 29% to reach BD 198 million in October, up from BD 154 million in the same month last year.

 

The value of imports decreased by 14%, reaching BD 365 million compared with BD 425 million for the same month in 2019, the Information &eGovernment Authority (iGA) said in its foreign trade report of October 2020, encompassing data on the balance of trade, imports, exports (national origin), and re-exports.

 

The trade balance, difference between exports and imports, the value of the deficit of the trade balance was BD 111 million in October 2020 whereas it was BD 197 million for the same month last year, a decrease of 44%.

 

The top 10 countries in terms of the value of exports of national origin purchased from Bahrain accounted for 79% of the total value, with the remaining countries accounting for 21%.

 

Saudi Arabia ranked first among countries receiving Bahraini exports of national origin, importing BD 47 million from Bahrain. Malaysia was second with BD 20 million and Egypt third with BD 19 million.

 

Unwrought aluminum (not alloyed) emerged as the top products exported during October 2020 with BD 33 million, Agglomerated iron ores and concentrates alloyed was second with a value of BD 29 million and Unwrought aluminum alloys third with BD 25 million.

 

According to the report, the top 10 countries accounted for 68% of the value of imports, with the remaining countries accounting for 32%.

 

China ranked first with BD 52 million, followed by Saudi Arabia with BD 29.2 million and the United States with BD 28.9 million.

 

Aluminum oxide was the top product imported into Bahrain with a total value of BD 29 million, while non-agglomerated iron ores and concentrates was second with BD 22 million, and four-wheel drive cars third with BD 18 million.

The total value of re-exports decreased by 24% to reach BD 57 million in October 2020, compared with BD74  million for the same month in 2019.

 

The top 10 countries accounted for 84% of the re-exported value, while the remaining countries accounted for the 16%. The United Arab Emirate ranked first with BD 16 million, followed by Saudi Arabia with BD 15 million, and India with BD 5million.

 

Four-wheel drive cars were the top product re-exported from Bahrain with BD 9 million, agglomerated iron ores and concentrates were second with BD 5 million, and parts for airplanes third with BD 4 million.

 

Source: https://www.bna.bh/en/BahrainexportsBD198millionworthofproductsofnationaloriginsinOctober.aspx?cms=q8FmFJgiscL2fwIzON1%2bDqEX1Ijgb%2f%2beS9PatxTQzCk%3d

 

 

 

Share this page Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Linkedin
Close

Listen to 'Radio FCCIB' Videos & Podcast

Radio FCCIB is the new program launched by the French Chamber of Commerce & Industry in Bahrain, asking 3 questions to its members