Bahrain exports 400 million worth of products of national origins in October

Manama, Nov. 16 (BNA): The Information &eGovernment Authority (iGA) issued its foreign trade report of October 2022, encompassing data on the balance of trade, imports, exports (national origin), and re-exports.

 

The value of imports increased by 11%, reaching BD500 million during October 2022 compared to BD452 million for the same month of the previous year. The top 10 countries accounted for 68% of the value of imports, with the remaining countries accounting for 32%.

 

According to the report, China ranked first on imports to Bahrain, with a total of BD65 million, The United Arab Emirate was second with BD47 million, and Brazil was third with BD45 million.

 

Non-agglomerated iron ores and concentrates emerged as the top product imported into Bahrain with a total value of BD65 million, while Aluminum oxide was second with BD32.4 million, and parts for airplanes third with BD32.2 million.

 

The value of exports of national origin increased by 9% to BD400 million in October 2022, compared to BD366 million for the same month in 2021.

 

The top 10 countries in terms of the value of exports of national origin purchased from Bahrain accounted for 77% of the total value, with the remaining countries accounting for 23%.

 

Saudi Arabia ranked first among countries receiving Bahraini exports of national origin, importing BD85 million from Bahrain. The United States was second with BD46 million and the United Arab Emirate third with BD42 million.

 

Unwrought aluminum alloys emerged as the top products exported during October 2022 with BD141 million, Agglomerated iron ores and concentrates alloyed were second with a value of BD61 million and unwrought aluminum not alloyed third with BD 37 million.

 

The total value of re-exports increased by 44% to reach BD83 million during October 2022, compared to BD57 million for the same month of the previous year.

 

The top 10 countries accounted for 91% of the re-exported value, while the remaining countries accounted for the 9%. Singapore ranked first with BD19 million, The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia second with BD18 million, and the United Arab Emirate third with BD13 million.

 

Parts for airplanes the top product re-exported from Bahrain with BD29 million, portable digital automatic data processing machines came in second place with BD4 million, and gold ingots came third with BD3.6 million.

 

The trade balance, difference between exports and imports, the value of the deficit of the trade balance reached BD17million during October of 2022 versus BD29 million for the same month of the previous year with decrease of 41%.

 

Further details are available on the foreign trade page on the Bahrain Open Data Portalwww.data.gov.bh.

 

Source: https://www.bna.bh/en/Bahrainexports400millionworthofproductsofnationaloriginsinOctober.aspx?cms=q8FmFJgiscL2fwIzON1%2bDkGyDQWTX6ZRhTyYhnBHlZQ%3d

 

Share this page Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Linkedin
Close

Read our latest publication

'Bahrain-France Investor Guide' -
is YOUR guide to invest in Bahrain and in France. Click here to view the online guide