Bahrain’s national-origin exports up 18% to $1.8bn in Q1

The value of Bahrain’s exports of national origin increased by 18% to BD684 million ($1.8 billion) during the first quarter (Q1) 2021, compared to BD580 million for Q1 of the previous year, marking a 17.9% increase, a report said.

The top 10 countries in terms of the value of exports of national origin purchased from Bahrain accounted for 80% of the total value, with the remaining countries accounting for 20%, said the Information & eGovernment Authority (iGA) in its foreign trade report of first quarter of 2021.

Saudi Arabia ranked first among countries receiving Bahraini exports of national origin, importing BD153 million from Bahrain. Meanwhile, the United Arab Emirates was second with BD76 million and the US third with BD71 million.

Agglomerated iron ores and concentrates emerged as the top products exported during first quarter2021 with BD150 million, unwrought aluminium alloys was second with a value of BD106 million and aluminium wires (not alloyed) third with BD42 million.

The total value of-exports decreased by 20% to reach BD185 million first quarter2021, compared to BD233 million for the same quarter of the previous year. The top 10 countries accounted for 89% of the re-exported value, while the remaining countries accounted for the 11%. The UAE ranked first with BD61 million, Saudi Arabia second with BD49 million, and Oman third with BD19 million.

Four-wheel drive cars emerged as the top product re-exported from Bahrain with BD26 million, agglomerated iron ores and concentrates came in second place with BD22 million, and apparatus for electrical control came third with BD13 million.

The trade balance, the difference between exports and imports, recorded a deficit totalling BD442 million during first quarter 2021 compared to BD460 million for the same quarter of the previous year, an improvement of the trade balance by 4%.

Imports

The value of imports increased by 3%, reaching BD1.312 billion during first quarter 2021 compared to BD1.272 billion for the same quarter the previous year. The top 10 countries accounted for 72% of the value of imports, with the remaining countries accounting for 28%.

According to the report, Brazil ranked first when it came to imports to Bahrain, with a total ofBD175 million, China was second with BD162 million, and the UAE was third with BD102 million.

Non-agglomerated iron ores and concentrates emerged as the top product imported into Bahrain with a total value of BD169 million, while aluminium oxide was second with BD93 million, and four-wheel drive cars third with BD49 million. – TradeArabia News Service

 

Source: http://www.tradearabia.com/news/BANK_381411.html

 

Share this page Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Linkedin
Close

Discover the 'Made in France à Bahrain' Guide

'Made in France à Bahrain' - Edition 2021
is YOUR guide to the economic presence in Bahrain. Click here to view the online guide